SSC CGL Exam 2018
Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. It conducts Combined Graduate Level - SSC CGL exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives. Govt is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants.
SSC CGL Exam Notification
CGL exam is conduct by Staff Selection Commission every year to recruits staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in its Subordinate Offices. Subject to administrative / public exigencies, final selection through the Combined Graduate Level Examination to specific categories of posts would be subject to receipt of intimation of confirmed number of vacancies from the concerned Indenting Ministries/ Department/Office/Cadres before declaration of results. The SSC CGL 2018 official notification will be published on April 21st, 2018 by the governing body. Keep yourself updated through this page for more information. The SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I examination was scheduled from 25th July to 20th August 2018.
The Staff Selection Commission is expected to release more than 8000 vacancies by SSC CGL Recruitment 2018 for applicants to recruit them to the position of Inspector, Assistant, Sub Inspector, Tax Assistant, Auditor, and more other. Must read the below given details to know more information about SSC CGL 2018 Examination and vacancies
SSC CGL Vacancy Details
SSC CGL is considered to be one of the biggest examination to be conducted for graduate students. 2017 CGL Exam, the number of vacancies as declared by Staff Service Commission of India is 8089.
We know how much people keep an eye on latest government jobs, especially at the graduate level. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. While a government job helps to build a stable career, it is also loaded with responsibilities.
SSC CGL Exam Date
The important dates related to SSC CGL Exam 2018 are as follows
|Application starts form
||21st April 2018
|Last date for registration
||25th May 2018
|SSC CGL Tier-I Exam
||25.07.2018 to 20.08.2018 (CBE)
|SSC CGL Tier-I Result
|SSC CGL Tier-II (CBE)
||27.11.2018 to 30.11.2018 (CBE)
|SSC CGL Tier-III (Des) Exam
||To be notified later (Descriptive)
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam
SSC CGL Exam Eligibility Criteria
The Educational Qualification Varies According to the different post.The following are the post for SSC CGL 2017:
|Name of Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer
||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University OR Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost & Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post
||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th OR Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation
||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts
||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the Ist January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Physical Fitness Requirements-
There are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL Age Limit
Candidates who want to apply for SSC CGL 2018 exam minimum age should be 18 years and candidate’s age must be under the decided age criteria according to the SSC CGL Posts.
||PH + Gen
||PH + OBC
||PH + SC/ST
Scheme of the Examination for CGL
The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) is conducted every year in four tiers for various posts. The four tiers are indicated below:
||Objective Multiple Choice
||Computer Based (online)
||Objective Multiple Choice
||Computer Based (online)
||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi
||Pen and Paper mode
||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test
Before beginning the SSC CGL preparation, it is important to make note of exam pattern and syllabus. SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2018 for Tier 1 & 2 are given below:
- SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes.
- Tier II will remain same.
- Tier-3 will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- No Sectional Cut off
- No Interviews: Interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview.
- Skill Test: The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Final Merit List: The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately.
- Minimum Mark Required for Descriptive: Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be eligible to appear in the SKILL TEST.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
This is CBE (computer based examination). There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2018, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
||General Intelligence and Reasoning
- There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks in all sections.
- The duration of exam is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
This is CBE (computer based examination). There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2018, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
||English Language and Comprehension
||General Studies (Finance & Economics)
- Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1, 3, 4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level
- The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Keyboard.
- The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern
This is a (DES) descriptive exam and is conducted offline. Candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. This is to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Focus on the Intro. and conclusion of the Essay. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
- The time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Pattern
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2018 comprises DEST/CPT. These are required for certain government posts.
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test):
For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax). Any Candidate who takes CPT does not require to appear for DEST as the part 1 of CPT (Typing) will be considered for DEST evaluation.
Requirement:8000 key depression per hour, that is 2000 key depression per 15 minutes.
Relaxation:VH Candidates will be allowed 20 minutes.
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):
- Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC]
- Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC]
- Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC]
The Commission will provide the Computer for the test. The Skill test in Computer Proficiency is a qualifying test only. It will consist of three Modules in the following manner:
- Word Processing Test: 2000 Key Depressions
- Test in spread Sheets on Microsoft Excel: 15 Minutes
- Test in PowerPoint (Microsoft Power Point): 15 Minutes
After the test of Module-I is over, the candidate will have to write in his/her own handwriting one paragraph of about 50-60 words from the Data Entry passage given to him/her on a separate sheet, then only the candidate will be given the exercise sheet of Module-II.
The candidate has to prepare spreadsheet as per the given exercise in 15 minutes and then save it with the filename as prescribed in the exercise sheet. Printout of the saved files should be taken thereafter.
After the test of Module II is over, the candidate will be given the exercise sheet of Module III (PowerPoint) which has to be completed in 15 minutes. The candidate has to prepare presentation slides as per the exercise given and then save it as instructed above as well as print the same.
SSC CGL Syllabus
The SSC CGL 2017 Tier I, II, III & IV Syllabus based on latest pattern.
SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus
The major sections asked in SSC CGL 2017 Preliminary Exam are General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
||Direction and Distance
|Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)
||Books and Authors
||People in News
||Ratio and Proportion
||Problem on Ages
|Speed, Distance and Time
||Time and Work
||Fill in the Blanks
|Phrases and Idioms
||One word Substitution
SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus
The Mains Exam will be conducted online and is an objective multiple choice exam. The major sections asked in Mains Exam are Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies (Finance and Economics). Let’s have a look at the SSC CGL Syllabus 2017 Mains Examination.
||Ratio and Proportion
||Speed, Distance and Time
|Time and Work
||Fill in the Blanks
|Phrases and Idioms
||One Word Substitution
|Collection and Representation of Data
||Measure of Dispersion
|Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis
||Correlation and Regression
||Measure of Central Tendency
||Analysis and Variance
|Time Series Analysis
||Finance and Accounting
||Error Spotting and Correction
|Basic Concepts of Accounting
||Economics and Governance
|Comptroller and Auditor General of India
||Theory of Demand and Supply
SSC CGL Tier III Syllabus
Tier-III of SSC CGL 2017 exam is a descriptive exam to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The mode of examination is offline and students are required to write essays, précis, application, letter etc. in this exam. The exam carries 100 marks and the time allotted for the same is 60 minutes. The time allotted for candidates belonging to PWD category is increased to 80 minutes. Tier-III paper is given by specific candidates who are interested only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Grade II” & “Compiler”.
SSC CGL Tier IV Syllabus
Tier-IV examination comprises of couple of skill sets required for certain Government Posts all over the country.
DEST (Data Entry Speed Test):For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax),DEST Exam through SSC CGL 2017 exam is conducted to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given an article in English which they have to type on Computer. A candidate is required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes.
CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Generation of slides are the three modules that are important for this exam and the commission demands a candidate to be proficient in it for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
Tier-I and Tier-II exam is compulsory for all posts mentioned in the SSC CGL 2017 Notification of while Tier-III is specifically for candidates applying for the post of Statistical Investigator Grade-II and Compiler. Similarly, Tier-IV exam is taken by candidates applying specifically for TA, CSS, MEA and Inspector.
Penalty for wrong answers
Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to deduction of 0.5 marks in Tier – I, III and IV while that of 0.25 marks in Tier-II.
Mode of Selection
SSC CGL Selection Process 2018 includes 4 tiers steps, which are maintained below:-
- Tier-1 Exam: Computer Based Examination (Objective Type) (200 Marks)
- Tier-2 Exam: Computer Based Examination (Objective Type) (each paper carry 200 marks)
- Tier-3 Exam:Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive Type) (100 Marks)
- Tier-4 Exam:Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
Candidates, who are interested and will be eligible according to the eligibility criteria, will be able to apply online for SSC CGL 2018 examination for the desired post via filling the SSC CGL 2018 Application Form. Candidates will have to fill SSC CGL 2018 Online form via online mode on or before the last date. The last date to fill SSC CGL Application Form 2018 has been revealed and it is 25th May 2018.
- Firstly, candidates must have to visit the official website - ssc.nic.in
- Click on the “Notice” Section and read official notification carefully
- Click on the “Apply” Section and Online the online application form link
- Open the SSC CGL Online Application from 2018 window
- SSC CGL 2018 Online form will be divided into two Parts - Part-1 and Part-2
- Part I Registration - You will have to fill basic information and preference of posts
- Part II Registration - You will have to fill payment details, upload scanned signature and photograph
- You needed to upload recently taken a photo in JPG format. The size of image less than 12kb and greater than 4kb with the resolution of 100*120 pixels
- You needed to upload scanned signature in JPG format. The size of image less than 12kb and greater than 1kb with the resolution of 140*60 pixels
- After completing the SSC CGL Part-2 Registration, you must have to take the print out of the submitted application form
The candidates will have to pay Rs. 100/- as application fee. However, no fee is needed to be paid by SC, ST, Female, Physically Handicapped (PH), and Ex-Servicemen (EXS) applicants. SSC CGL 2018 Applications fee should be paid only via SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Debit/Credit Card. If you want to pay application fee in cash, then you will have to be taken a printout of challan generated online after the completion the SSC CGL 2018 Part-1 registration. The Deposit requisite fee in any branch of State Bank of India and then continues for SSC CGL Part-2 registration 2018.
SSC CGL Admit Card
The admit card will be available after the release of the official notification for SSC CGL 2018. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates. Every candidate who registers for SSC CGL Exam 2018 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. First, the admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
SSC CGL Result
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the results in four stages after completion of each Tier Exam. The candidates selected in the rounds progress to the next one. Candidates can check the result from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
SSC CGL Cut Off
The SSC CGL Cut-Off marks are the minimum marks which are required to qualify the Combined Graduate Level exam. The SSC CGL 2018 cut-off marks will be released with the result declaration. The SSC CGL Cut-off 2018 for Tier I Exam will be depended on the level of exam, overall difficulty level of section wise paper, and the number of students will be appeared for the examination, etc. When the SSC CGL Cutoff 2018 will be released we will update here.
SSC CGL Exam Online Test Seies
Career Planets provides Online Test Series for SSC CGL exams which are well-researched and closely emulate the exact exam pattern.. So here we are with a motto to help you with SSC CGL Online Test Series 2018 which will provide you free mock test along with three separate analysis to improve hold on the subjects these tests will determine your position and your current status. These will be based on new pattern and updated syllabus. We even come up with a sectional test to improvise your local knowledge and make it stronger
SSC CGL Previous Year Paper
We will provide the past year papers of SSC CGL exam which will help you to know that which kinds of questions will be asked in SSC CGL 2018 examination. Old exam papers will surely help you in keeping a hold on the sections and particular subject as well. Therefore, here we will provide the list of SSC CGL Previous Year Papers which will surely play a great role to qualify the exam. For more details, keep in touch with this page.
SSC CGL preparation
Some SSC CGL 2018 Exam Preparation tips and tricks are mentioned here, which will help you while the SSC CGL exam preparation. So, let’s have a look at below mentioned points.
- First of all, you need to study hard for the exam no matter what.
- You have to be consistent in your learning process to achieve the success.
- Be more focused and less diverted towards surrounding activities.
- Give the exam with perseveringly and patient, don’t act in a hurry.
- Before answering the questions take sufficient time.
- In the end, we would just like to wish you Good Luck for the Exam.