SSC Stenographer Exam 2018
The Staff Selection Commission was established on 4th November 1975. It is the well-reputed organization under the Government of India which is responsible for recruiting the talented candidates for various jobs in different departments of Indian Government and its Subordinate Offices. SSC headquarter is situated in New Delhi. In the present time, the Staff Sectional Commission have 7 Regional offices at Mumbai, Allahabad, Guwahati, Kolkata, Chennai and Bangalore and It also consists two Sub-Regional Offices at Chandigarh and Raipur. Regional Director is the head of each regional offices of SSC and Deputy Director is the head of every sub-regional offices of SSC.
Here we have mentioned all the required information about SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Vacancy Details, Notification Release Date, Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Exam Date, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, How to fill SSC Steno Application Form, Application Fee, Selection Process, etc.
SSC Stenographer Exam Notification
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Notification is expected to be released on 7th July at ssc.nic.in. Staff Selection Commission will release SSC Steno Grade C & D 2018 Notification in July and SSC Stenographer 2018 Application Form online submission will be started from 7th to 30th July 2018. SSC Steno (Grade C & D) Examination 2018 will be held from 4th to 8th September and it consists all objective type Multiple Choice Questions in Online Test and Stenography questions in Skill Test. SSC Stenographer Application Form 2018 online link will be activated till 30th July and candidates will have to apply online for before the last date.
Eligible and Interested candidates who want to apply for SSC Steno Grade 'C' & 'D' Recruitment 2018 will be able to apply online from June at ssconline.nic.in which is official website to fill online form of all SSC exams. Willing candidates for SSC Steno Grade & D 2018 Exam should have to submit their application form through proper channel till the closing date that is provided on the page or can log on to the official website i.e. ssconline.nic.in.
SSC Stenographer Vacncy Details
SSC has not disclosed the vacancies for SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Recruitment yet. We will inform you as soon as the updates are out. The Staff Selection Commission is expected to release more than 1000 vacancies for Steno Grade C & D posts. Here, we have mentioned SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2018 details which are tentative according to the revealed news.
SSC Steno Grade C & D 2017 Vacancies (Last Year)
SSC Stenographer Exam Date
|Name of Posts||Number of Vacancies||Total|
|Steno Grade D
|Steno Grade C
|Last Date of Application
||30th July 2018
|Date of Computer based Exam
||4th September 2018 to 8th September 2018
|Date of Skill Test
||To be Notified Later
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications: Candidates who want to apply for GD Constable (BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSF, SSB, NIA and riflemen) must have a graduation degree/diploma/10th Pass from a recognised board or educational institute.
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC Stenographer Age limit
The age of applicants should be between 18 to 27 years old as on 1.8.2018. (Applicants born not before the date of 2nd August 1990 and not later than 1st August 1999). Relaxation in age will be offered as per government rules and regulation. Candidates need to visit the official notification of SSC for complete information.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
After filling the application form, students should have to start their exam preparation to get selected for a stenographer post. Candidates who are going to take part in the SSC Steno Grade C & D 2018 exam should have to aware about the SSC Steno 2018 exam pattern and syllabus. By the help of exam pattern and syllabus, candidates can start their exam preparation in a most efficient way.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2018
|S. No.||Subject Details||Number of Questions||Number of Marks||Time Duration|
||General Intelligence (Reasoning Questions)
||English Language and Comprehension
SSC Stenographer Syllabus
English Language and Comprehension: In the English test paper, check the understanding power of the candidates in English language, grammar, its vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, sentence structure, reading comprehension and para jumble etc. In the English language writing ability will also checked.
General Intelligence and Reasoning: The reasoning papers include both verbal and nonverbal type. The exam test paper include the question of decision making, problem solving analysis, arithmetical reasoning, syllogism, blood relationship concept, number series, visual memory, arithmetical computation and other many more function. So, those candidates should have to cover all these topic to get success in the exam and solve the previous year question papers to get complete ideas about the topics and question pattern.
General Awareness: The purpose of the question papers of general awareness is to test the knowledge of the candidate's general knowledge like current events, important dates of celebration, book author name. The test papers also include the important sports days, economy of India, history, general polity, scientific research, economic sense and Indian constitution. The candidates can plan their study as per the topic and read the daily current affairs, newspapers and watch the TV news channel.
SSC Stenographer Skill Test 2018:
- The stenographer skill test will be organized at the commission's regional/sub-regional offices or other centres it will be decided by the SSC commission
- Only those candidates will be eligible for the stenography skill test who will qualify in the Online test. The applicants will be given one dictation for total 10 minutes in Hindi/English at the speed of 100 w.p.m for the stenographer grade 'C' posts and for stenographer grade 'D' posts it is 80 w.p.m speed.
- At the time exam preparation, candidates should also practice the speed of Hindi and English dictation speed.
Mode Of selection
SSC Stenographer Grade 'C' and Grade 'D' Posts 2018 is one of the most prestigious exams. In the SSC Stenographer Grade 'C' and Grade 'D' posts, candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Online test examination and skill test. The minimum qualifying exam marks of the Online test will be decided by the SSC. In case the applicants get the equal marks then the candidates will be selected on the basis of age factor. Give the priority to the older age people.
In the Stenographer Online test exam time duration will be 2 hours for general candidates and for visually handicapped candidates the total time duration will be 2 hours and 40 minutes. The SSC department gives the extra 40 minute to the visually handicapped candidates.
In case, more than one candidates achieve equal aggregate marks, then tie will be resolved by the given below process-
- Check the Date of Birth of the candidates, older applicants gives the first priority.
- Select the candidates as per the marks in the Online exam. Those candidates who get the higher marks they get the higher placed.
- Applicants placed higher as per the alphabetical order in the first name. According to the alphabetical name order candidates can get priority.
Those candidates who have successfully cleared the Online test and fulfil the cut off marks criteria that are decided by the SSC then the candidates are eligible for the stenographer skill test. Now, the applicants will have to appear in skill test. Typing test speed 80 wpm in Hindi and 100 wpm in English. Final selection will be based on the Online test and skill test. After the Online exam, candidates should have to start the skill test exam preparation.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Notification will be released on 7th July for Steno Grade C & D Posts. Candidates are advised to fill SSC Stenographer 2018 application form on or before the last date because online form submission link will be activated only till 30th July. After the releasing of SSC Stenographer Application Form 2018, candidates are advised to fill all the required information with required details which will be necessary to fill. Below, we have mentioned some steps which will help you while filling the SSC Stenographer Online Form 2018 after the release.
- First of all, candidates just go through with the official website of SSC that is ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the Registration Part Section.
- Fill OTR (One Time Registration) Form carefully.
- Enter all the personal details, professional details, basic information and contact details in the form and click on the submit button.
- After that upload your scanned photograph, signature and certificate in the form.
- After successfully, completion of your registration you will get registration ID and password details on your phone or email id.
- If you registered then do not required the OTR form then go with login option and enter your registration ID and password.
- Click on the apply button and download the SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 official notification page.
- Read the notification page carefully and get aware about the complete information.
- Fill the application form with all the required information carefully and attach your scanned photograph and signature.
- After that, applicants just need to pay application fees online.
- The information filled in by him/her earlier, at the registration time, photo process, will automatically be filled in the respective fields in the application form.
- Now check the completely filled form at once and then submit the application form.
- Save the copy of the application for in your computer and take print out.
Applicants are needed to pay Rs.100/- only through online application will be accepted at ssconline.nic.in. The applicants who belong to Scheduled caste, Ex-servicemen, Persons with disability and Women candidates are no need to pay any application fees.
SSC Stenographer Admit Card
Candidates who will successfully submit SSC Stenographer 2018 Application Form will be able to check their exam centre and exam date through hall ticket which will be generated by the organizing authorities. SSC Stenographer 2018 Admit Card will be released before 10 to 15 days of examination on the official website. The admit card will be available to download by registration number and DOB. SSC Steno Grade C & D Admit Card 2018 will be updated here after the release with an appropriate link whereby candidates will be able to download their call letter directly from here.
SSC Stenographer Result
As per the updates, SSC Stenographer Result 2018 will be declared in November on the official website for online test. The result will be announced to select candidates for skill test. SSC Steno Grade C & D Result 2018 will be announced by the Staff Selection Commission in PDF file. Candidates who will be selected will be called for skill test and after that, they will be selected as a stenographer in SSC department.
SSC Steno Grade C & D Final Result 2016 has been announced on 15th January 2018 at ssc.nic.in/. Candidates are advised to check SSC Stenographer Final Result 2016 by Roll Number and Name.
SSC Stenographer Cut Off
Cut-Off Marks of SSC Steno Grade C & D are the minimum marks required by the candidate in order to qualify the examination. SSC Stenographer Cut-Off Marks will be released after the declaration of online exam result. Candidates will be ranked on the basis of the merit list generated.
SSC Stenographer Online Test Series
In order to outshine or excel in the recruitment examination, scoring good marks is necessary. To score good marks, practice is of prime importance. So here we are with some useful Free Mock Tests, which will surely help you in understanding the pattern and structure of the question paper. SSC Stenographer 2018 Online Test Series will also help you analyze your performance and the level of which you're standing. Due to this you can improve all of your weak points and strengthen them. Online Test Series of SSC Stenographer 2018 will be based on New Syllabus and Updated Exam Pattern.
SSC Stenographer Previous Year Paper
We have gathered here some of the Previous Year Papers of SSC Stenographer to help you figure out the type of questions asked in the examination. It will also help you in understanding the marking scheme of the question paper. Thus SSC Stenographer Previous Year Papers will be of great help in qualifying this examination. To avail them, you refer to our official website.
SSC Stenographer Preparation
Some important Tips to Prepare for SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam are available here
- Understand the Exam Pattern and be thorough about the Syllabus
- Try to be consistent in the learning process
- Learn Time Management to solve paper in time
- Practice as many mock test papers as possible
- Analyze the problem carefully before answering the question